Learn more about your truck!
Southland International along with Navistar is always changing and improving; keep up with the changes by getting all the information.
Everything from what a code means and what may have caused it, to why you need regular maintenance on your DPF system.
Learn about our service programs.
- DPF & DOC cleaning
- Fuel system flushes
- Quick scans
- A/C system flushes
- Fuel Consumption
- Bus Safety
On Command Connect
How to properly perform a parked regeneration.
Read up on the new improvements on the N13 engine !
Frequently Asked Questions
What does DPF stand for?
Diesel particulate filter
How often should you clean your DPF?
We recommend you clean your DPF every 150,000 to 200,000 KM
At Southland International Trucks we use the FSX DPF and DOC cleaning system.
– TrapBurner Thermal Cleaner is just like a kiln you would use to make pottery, it gets extremely hot to bake and loosen the excess soot trapped in the filter.
– SootSucker Dust Collector is the safe storage area for the soot that has been removed from the filter.
– TrapBlaster Pneumatic Cleaner is where air is forced through the filter to clean out the soot and restore air flow. The diagram below explains the process.
-TrapTester Air Flow Test Bench is used to test the filter after it has been cleaned to measure the air flow through the DPF
The picture below shows the ATD (after treatment device) assembly, the flow of exhaust through the DOC and DPF, as well as all the components that make up the ATD assembly.
Fuel System Flushes
What model of trucks can have a fuel system flush done?
Any diesel vehicle can have a service done, even passenger diesel trucks and cars.
What are some of the benefits to getting a fuel system flush?
Your vehicle will get better fuel economy and you could avoid possible EGR replacement down the road.
Fuel System and Injector Service Features:
- Allows for easy and complete cleaning of injectors and fuel system
- Applicable to all diesel vehicles including trucks and passenger cars
- Restores fuel economy
- Lowers exhaust opacity and harmful emissions
EGR, Induction and Combustion Service Features:
- A fast and efficient service to thoroughly clean and eliminate EGR deposits
- Removes carbon build up from the EGR cooler and induction system
- Avoid costly tear-down of EGR manifold system
- Avoid replacement of contaminated EGR cooler and valve
What does it scan for?
- Scan for Engine – DPF Codes
- Scan for ABS Codes
- Scan for Transmission Codes
- Scan for Engine – DPF Data
- Scan for Transmission Data
- Scan for ABS Data
- Provide complete findings in email to requested address
- Provide paper copy to driver
- Make recommendations as per services required
- Schedule work at time of scan to fit your schedule
Can the customer get a copy of the scan?
Yes! We can email you a copy or print you one at the time of the scan
* All scans are for HDS (Heavy Duty Standard) equipped vehicles and may not apply to all manufactures.
A/C System Flush
Why is it important to maintain your truck air conditioning system?
- Regular A/C maintenance enables proper system refrigeration and lubrication levels to be met.
- When proper system refrigerant and lubrication levels are met, the risk of premature compressor failure decreases
- Allows desired interior cabin temperature to be achieved
- Air conditioning systems may lose 0.3-0.6 ounces of refrigerant yearly, which is why it’s a good idea to have your air conditioning system checked yearly.
How often should you have your air conditioning system checked?
- you should have your A/C system checked and tested at least once a year.
- however if you notice the interior cooling system is not working properly you should bring it in to be tested.
When you bring your truck in for an A/C test or service this is what we test.
- verify customers complaints
- check condenser in front of radiator, fan operation, and clean or repair upon customers approval
- check in cab air filter
- check refrigerant in AC system for foreign refrigerants
- check AC system for any gross leaking on system
- check for proper operation and pressures of AC system
- check for proper temperature in the interior of the vehicle is attained
Did you know your tires can make a big difference in your fuel consumption ?